User Requirements Engineering (CPUX-UR)
3-day practical seminar including reference book (and optional certification test on day 4)
The most important success factors for projects that are about interactive systems (software and / or hardware), are:
- Consistent integration of real users
- Clear user requirements
- that are understood by all project members
- that are confirmed by the users
- that provide a complete overview (the “big picture”) from the user’s view of the system to be developed
- that remain stable throughout the project
In this advanced level seminar you will learn how to gather requirements that describe the interactive system from the user’s point of view in a systematic way and early on in a project. Requirements are structured based on the actual tasks of the users, which allows functions (or user stories in case of agile development) to be specified and implemented with less effort (that is in case of agile with minimum number of sprints).
The contents and structure of the seminar are based on the CPUX-UR curriculum from the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB), recognized and supported by 5 professional associations: German UPA, UX Schweiz, UXpro Austria, UXPA UK and UX Danmark.
Participants of a CPUX-UR seminar at ProContext will receive a free copy of the book “Praxiswissen User Requirements” which is ideal for reviewing the seminar contents before, during and after the seminar. (The book is available in German only.) The authors are Thomas Geis (trainer CPUX-UR) and Knut Polkehn (artop - Institut an der Humboldt-Universität).
User researchers, requirements engineers and other people who work with users in development projects to gather, structure and communicate true user requirements.A prerequisite for taking this seminar is having succeeded in the certification test for Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience – Foundation Level (CPUX-F).
What you will learn
Introduction to context of use analysis
- Differentiate between requirements and solutions
- Differentiation between stakeholder requirements and system requirements
- The components of the context of use
- Usage requirements as a separate requirement category within the stakeholder requirements
Plan context of use analyses
- Determine the cause and objectives of the context of use analysis
- Defining the procedure for the context of use analysis
- Gather and document context of use information
- Select and recruit users for contextual interviews and / or observations
- Prepare and perform contextual interviews, observations and focus groups
- Document context of use descriptions from context of use information in an analyzable and accessible way
Identify user needs in context of use information and transform them into user requirements
- Systematically identify and formulate user needs
- Systematically derive user requirements from user needs and structure them based on the users’ tasks
Consolidate user requirements
- Consolidate and prioritize user requirements with users
- Determine the implementation priority for user requirements together with project members
Cooperation between user requirements engineers and other roles / disciplines
- Important terms from adjacent disciplines
- As a user requirements engineer, become a successful provider for other roles
Certification test (optional)
Following the seminar, there is the possibility to take the CPUX-UR certification test. It consists of a theoretical part and a practical part that both need to be passed in order to get the certificate. The examination is done by the certification body iSQI (International Software Quality Institute).
The contents of the certification test can be found in detail in the examination regulations for CPUX-UR. Also, there is a public example test available containing realistic test assignments as they appear in the test.
3 days plus certification test (theoretical part and practical part)
- Day 1: 10.00 am til 5.30 pm
- Day 2: 9.00 am til 5.15 pm
- Day 3: 9.00 am til 5.00 pm
- Day 4: Practical exam (for face-to-face seminars). For online seminars, the practical exam takes place the following week on Fridays from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm.
The theoretical exam takes place online by individual appointment.
The maximum number of participants for a seminar is 10.
For the 3-day seminar (incl. catering during the seminar times):
- Early Bird*: EUR 1,790 plus VAT
- Regular: EUR 1,990 plus VAT
The certification test fee is an additional EUR 600 plus VAT (EUR 540 plus VAT for members of the German UPA).* If you book up to 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, you will receive an early booking discount of 10% on the seminar costs (without examination fee).
This seminar is held at different locations and can also be booked as an inhouse seminar at your company. Please refer to the listing of dates for further details.
User Requirements Engineering (CPUX-UR)
Our seminar is also available as in-house training. Get quote
|10% discount*||14. Dec – 16. Dec 2021||German||3 days||ProContext Consulting GmbH Köln|
|10% discount*||01. Mar – 03. Mar 2022||German||3 days||ProContext Consulting GmbH Köln|
|10% discount*||27. Sep – 29. Sep 2022||German||3 days||ProContext Consulting GmbH Köln|
|10% discount*||06. Dec – 08. Dec 2022||German||3 days||ProContext Consulting GmbH Köln|